Installing the imaging drum on a laser printer is not that too difficult to consider, in fact it’s simply easy. Once you get used to it, doing it frequently wouldn’t give you any trouble. The task that follows after drum installation can be called counter resetting. This part requires the user to literally reset the recorded count back to zero so the printer could recognize the drums as new replacements.
How is drum counter resetting perform?
First of all, it depends on the control panel of the machine model you use. The one we use with the test has mono backlit screen and uses Brother DR310CL drum unit.Since there are printers with touch-screen LCD while others don’t support such, the process is split into two.
For Brother multifunction printers with plain mono display, refer on the steps below:
- Locate and press the Menu button from the panel.
- From the list of options select “Machine Info” using the arrow keys and OK button.
- Next, select “Reset Menu” followed by selecting “Drum”.
- When prompted, hit the number 1 key from the numeric pad and let the machine execute the command.
- If it’s done, press the red “Stop” button to exit.
While to those who are using printers with touch-screen LCD, these are the steps you should follow:
- Perform the first two steps provided above on a similar manner, but this time the button for “Menu” and “Machine Info” can be found on the screen.
- It’s somehow the same with the steps for printers with mono display. The only difference is that the keys to press are found on the LCD. Still you need to choose “Reset Menu” and then followed by “Drum”.
- The machine will prompt a message similar to “Reset the Drum”, of course you need to select Yes to execute the command.
- To stop the process, there’s a stop button on the screen, or exit once done.
If you find it useful, please let us know with your comments below. We hope it did help you on how to reset the Drum Counter of your Brother DR310CL drum unit.